In an interview for the December 2017 issue of Magazine des Professions Financières, Lionel DEVIC looks at the different types of foundations and their benefits for businesses and entrepreneurs. As companies seek to further develop their philanthropy, using the legal structure of a foundation gradually becomes necessary. In the December 2017...Read
We have recognised expertise in many business sectors : philanthropy, social entrepreneurship, culture, research, sports, denominations and religions, social and medical-social establishments, professional organisations, patronage and sponsorship, education and vocational training, works councils, mutualist sector, cooperatives, etc.
We contribute to all stages of the life and development of structures in the social and solidarity-based economy, notably in the following situations :
- creation of social structures (foundations recognised as a public interest and other forms, associations, endowment funds, unions, cooperatives, mutual groups, etc.),
- upstream and downstream tax consulting for the creation of organisations,
- monitoring of day-to-day operations,
- reflection, set-up and complete support for reorganisation, restructuring and development strategies,
- restructuring operations : combinations, pooling, mergers, divisions, partial asset transfers, etc.,
- sectoring or set-up of subsidiaries for commercial activities,
- legal, fiscal and social audits,
- management of relations between employers, employees and volunteers,
- relations with local authorities, the State and government agencies,
- drafting of contracts suited to the characteristics of non-profit organisations (partnership, consortium, loans for use, secondment, etc.),
- management of internal conflicts and specific legal disputes,
- management of tax, administrative and social disputes,
- dissolution and voluntary winding up,
- insolvency proceedings,
- patronage and sponsorship,
- support for philanthropic projects by companies, families or individuals,
- consulting and support for social entrepreneurs, for the creation and development of their projects.
With a wealth of unique and historical experience, the “Non-profit organisations – Social and solidarity-based economy” department relies on a team that, with approximately 25 lawyers and legal specialists, is one of the largest and best structured in FRANCE.
It innovates and regularly contributes to the development of the legal and regulatory framework of organisations in the Social economy.
Finally, it draws on the specific areas of expertise of the firm’s other departments, notably “Social law - Social protection”, “Public law”, “Corporate law - Mergers-acquisitions”, “Personal data” and “Life sciences”.
Lionel Devic offers an initial assessment of endowment funds in the magazine Associations Mode d’Emploi (Nov 2017) Following the tenth anniversary of the law enacted on 4 August 2008, which created the new category of not-for-profit organization in the form of an endowment fund, Lionel Devic, a partner and co-head of the Not-for-profit...Read
In a special article in the October 2017 La Revue Fiscale du Patrimoine, Xavier DELSOL describes the various benefits brought by outsourcing corporate philanthropy to an endowment fund Using an endowment fund for corporate philanthropy has become increasingly frequent. In a special article in the October 2017 issue of La Revue Fiscale du...Read
"An effective way of strengthening family cohesion - philanthropy can transmit the values of a loved one or honour their memory" : Xavier DELSOL was mentioned as adviser to Jean-Pascal ARCHIMBAUD in an article published in Le Monde on 7 June 2017 In an article published in Le Monde on 7 June 2017 on the use of mechanisms such as foundations...Read