DELSOL Avocats advises APi Group Corporation with the ongoing acquisition of Chubb Fire & Security business from Carrier Global Corporation for $3.1 Billion. APi is a market-leading business services provider of safety and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide. Chubb is a fire safety and security provider relying on 13,000...Read
The efforts of the lawyers in the “Business litigation” department focus on encouraging, insofar as possible, an amicable resolution of the conflicts with which its clients are faced, before they reach a dispute phase, by advising them regarding dispute settlement, crisis management and resolution, while qualifying and quantifying the risks.
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department work alongside the directors and legal or financial departments of their clients, to which they provide their expertise notably with regard to :
- protection and defence of immaterial assets (copyrights, brands, drawing and models, software programs, domain names, etc.),
- compliance with economic regulations (pricing practices, agreements between suppliers and distributors, commercial cooperation, etc.),
- competition – consumption (restrictive practices, cartels and abuse of dominance, unfair and parasitic competition, unfair commercial practices, BtoC relations, etc.),
- commercial contracts (vertical and horizontal commercial relations, distribution networks, commercial agency, franchise, BtoB relations, etc.),
- management of insolvency procedures (safeguard, judicial review, etc.) and receivables management,
- management of industrial risk (professional civil liability and product-related liability, court-ordered appraisal, pollution and threats to the environment, civil and criminal liability of the manufacturer, seller or importer of industrial products that are subject to authorisation or not),
- defence of companies that are victims of criminal activity (fraud, breach of trust, forgery and use of forged documents, etc.) and of their directors held personally liable for complex financial offences,
- dispute settlement between partners or that involve corporate directors, management of disputes related to merger-acquisition operations (guarantee of assets and liabilities, price revision, interruption of negotiations, sale promise, etc.).
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department also take part, alongside the firm’s other departments, in acquisition or restructuring operations when there is a need for an audit of commercial contracts, of the risks surrounding current or future disputes and immaterial assets, or in the event of the need to develop the guarantee of assets and liabilities.
The lawyers in the “Business litigation” department work in French or English. They rely on a network of foreign correspondents and complementary partners for crisis management, notably consultants and specialised communications firms.
Rankings of the department
- PALMARES DU DROIT 2021 (Lyon) - Dispute resolution – Arbitration : Silver Trophy
- DECIDEURS 2021
- Distribution law & restrictive practice : Excellent
- Individual Risk Litigation and Criminal Labour Law : Highly regarded
- White Collar Crime : Highly regarded
- Commercial litigation : Highly regarded
- OPTION DROIT & AFFAIRES 2021
- Financial, stock exchange and regulatory litigation : **
- Litigation on defective products and claims : **
- Criminal business law and AMF sanctions : **
- Acquisition litigation : **
- Pierre GOUGÉ, Philippe PACOTTE, Stéphane PERRIN, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Elsa LEDERLIN, Thomas AMICO, Adrien WILLIOT, Gilles VERMONT, Stéphanie DAGUERRE, Emilie SULLO, Anaïs FAURY, Edouard PIQUE, Arthur HITIER, Pierre-Henri BAERT, Solène DEFRANCE
Pursuant to lenghty proceedings involving 30 or so defendants, the 11th correctional chamber of Paris Court of Justice delivered heavy sentences and one single discharge in favor of a client of the firm. In 2011, Hermès International and Hermès Sellier filed a complaint following the discovery of counterfeited « Birkin » bags. The investigation...Read
Thomas AMICO joins the DELSOL Avocats Litigation – White collar crime department as a partner. With its current team of 11 lawyers including three partners and one counsel, the Litigation – Criminal Business Law department advises and represents French and international companies and their senior executives, in pre-litigation and litigation...Read
- Legal news
Considering the latest developments relating to Covid-19 and government announcements, we would like to inform you with full transparency of the measures we anticipated and implemented within our firm. We have all the IT and technical capacities enabling us to manage files remotely. Dematerialization of both internal process and legal...Read