DELSOL Avocats is delighted with the individual ranking of 23 of its lawyers in the The Best Lawyers ™ in France ranking, especially as it reflects the recognition of our peers. Thomas AMICO Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice Information Technology Law Privacy and Data...Read
Gaëlle MERLIER is co-head of the Life Sciences Department.
Gaëlle’s expertise spans advisory work on regulatory and contractual matters as well as the management of complex, serial litigation in commercial matters and health product liability. She also assists her clients during criminal investigations and in their dealings with the health authorities (particularly in the context of ANSM, DGCCRF, DDPP inspections, etc.). Furthermore, Gaëlle advises her clients on mergers-acquisitions and investments in the health sector (pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, clinical laboratories and other regulated health professions). Finally, she contributes to the launch of compliance programmes (anti-gift legislation, Sapin 2 Act, lobbying, etc.).
Gaëlle MERLIER graduated from Paris 1 – Panthéon Sorbonne University, where she gained a postgraduate qualification in European Law then a Master of Laws in Health and Food Safety.
After taking the oath in 2009, she first joined the law firm Hogan Lovells then the Paris office of Clifford Chance in 2011, where she was Counsel for Healthcare & Life Sciences, before moving to DELSOL Avocats in January 2022.
Gaëlle MERLIER has been designated as a « Next Generation Partner » in Healthcare & life sciences by Legal 500 in 2023 as well as « Rising star » several times.
She has been designated « Up and Coming » lawyer in Pharma/Life Sciences : Product Liability category by Chambers and Partners in 2023.
She was also elected by her peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2023 in « Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice » by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
Gaëlle has led the :
- Health Product Litigation Seminar within the two-year master’s degrees in « Health, Food and Environmental Safety Law » and « Medical Risks » at Paris 1 – Panthéon Sorbonne since 2011,
- « Obligations in corruption prevention (Sapin 2 Act) » lectures as part of the two-year « Business Law Applied to the Healthcare Industry » master’s degree at Saint-Etienne University since 2019.
- Jean-Philippe DELSOL, Philippe DUMEZ, Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Pierre GOUGÉ, Henri-Louis DELSOL, Xavier DELSOL, Laurent BUTSTRAËN, Lionel DEVIC, Frédéric SUBRA, Paulette TRILLAT, Mathieu LE TACON, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Philippe PACOTTE, Alexis CHABERT, Stéphane PERRIN, Nathalie PEYRON, Benoît BOUSSIER, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Séverine BRAVARD, Philippe MALIKIAN, Thomas AMICO, Gaëlle MERLIER, Stanley MITON, Inès SAINT-LARY
- Mathieu LE TACON, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Gaëlle MERLIER,
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Business litigation, Employment law - Social welfare law, Wealth law & taxation, Corporate taxation, Real estate, Life sciences, Personal data
DELSOL Avocats is proud to be ranked in 9 Legal 500 EMEA 2023 categories : Construction – Tier 3 Data privacy and data protection – Tier 3 Dispute resolution : White-collar crime – Tier 4 Employment – Tier 4 Industry focus : Healthcare and life sciences – Tier 3 Mergers & Acquisitions – Tier 5 Private equity : venture/growth...Read
- Jean-Philippe DELSOL, Philippe DUMEZ, Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Pierre GOUGÉ, Henri-Louis DELSOL, Xavier DELSOL, Laurent BUTSTRAËN, Lionel DEVIC, Frédéric SUBRA, Paulette TRILLAT, Mathieu LE TACON, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Philippe PACOTTE, Alexis CHABERT, Stéphane PERRIN, Nathalie PEYRON, Benoît BOUSSIER, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Séverine BRAVARD, Philippe MALIKIAN, Gaëlle MERLIER, Inès SAINT-LARY,
DELSOL Avocats is delighted with the individual ranking of 21 of its lawyers in the The Best Lawyers ™ in France ranking, especially as it reflects the recognition of our peers. Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice Privacy and Data Security Law Benoît BOUSSIER Construction Law Séverine BRAVARD Banking and Finance...Read