DELSOL Avocats is proud to have assisted the founders of Kyutai, a not-for-profit open science artificial intelligence research laboratory. Co-founded by CMA CGM, Groupe iliad and Schmidt Futures, Kyutai will publish all its research work free of charge. The laboratory’s co-founders aim for Kyutai to be a genuine hub for the French and...Read
The co-head of the Paris-based team specializing in non-profit sector organizations, Lionel DEVIC has developed recognized expertise in the following specific areas :
- reorganizing the activities and assets (particularly property) of non-profit organizations (merger, mutualization, division into subsidiaries)
- incorporating complex groups, whether or not they belong to the community-oriented economy, implying the coexistence of separate legal entities (associations, non-commercial and commercial companies, local authorities)
- creating foundations and numerous endowment funds
- optimizing company and asset transfers (shareholder endowment funds, incorporation of tools for holding philanthropic capital)
- developing additional financing methods (shared return funds, mutual investment funds, UCITS, private equity).
In this framework, he works primarily for associations (general interest, professional, religious, etc.), foundations, endowment funds and congregations.
When handling his cases, he strives to propose and/or prompt effective strategic thinking (benchmarks, audits, etc.), making it possible to anticipate development opportunities.
After graduating with a master’s degree and DEA postgraduate qualification in Business Law (Jean MOULIN LYON III University), he joined DELSOL Avocats in February 1999.
For several years, he was head of the tax section of the journal Juris Associations and specialist editor of the journal Tourisme & Droit (Editions JURIS, DALLOZ Group).
He has published the practical guide Fonds de dotation in the Juri’Guide collection (Editions JURIS, DALLOZ Group, 2009) and is director of publication of the first free website on endowment funds.
He works as a trainer for DALLOZ/JURIS, EFE, IFROSS and FIDUCIAL, and as a lecturer for the two-year master’s degree in Art and Heritage Market Law (PARIS II PANTHEON ASSAS University).
With a passion for educational issues, finally, he is the founder and chairman of a state-approved housing foundation.
Lionel DEVIC was elected by his peers as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2022 and « Best Lawyer of the Year 2024 » in « Non-Profit/Charities Law » by Best Lawyers (in partnership with Les Echos).
He was also elected as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2022 in « Non-profit organizations » by Le Monde du Droit (Palmarès du Droit 2022).
- Pierre GOUGÉ, Lionel DEVIC, Philippe PACOTTE, Stéphane PERRIN, Marie MAGRO
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Non-profit organisations - Social and solidarity-based entrepreneurship, Employment law - Social welfare law, Intellectual property – Information technologies
- Jean-Philippe DELSOL, Philippe DUMEZ, Emmanuel KAEPPELIN, Pierre GOUGÉ, Henri-Louis DELSOL, Xavier DELSOL, Laurent BUTSTRAËN, Lionel DEVIC, Frédéric SUBRA, Paulette TRILLAT, Mathieu LE TACON, Delphine BRETAGNOLLE, Philippe PACOTTE, Alexis CHABERT, Stéphane PERRIN, Nathalie PEYRON, Benoît BOUSSIER, Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE, Séverine BRAVARD Philippe MALIKIAN, Thomas AMICO, Gaëlle MERLIER, Stanley MITON, Inès SAINT-LARY,
DELSOL Avocats is delighted with the individual ranking of 23 of its lawyers in the The Best Lawyers ™ in France ranking, especially as it reflects the recognition of our peers. Thomas AMICO Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice Jeanne BOSSI MALAFOSSE Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice Information Technology Law Privacy and Data...Read
- Henri-Louis DELSOL, Lionel DEVIC, Marie d’OZOUVILLE, Doriane CHEVILLOT,
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Non-profit organisations - Social and solidarity-based entrepreneurship
RaiseSherpas, Raise Group’s endowment fund and the first philanthropic accelerator dedicated to French post-seed startups, is taking part alongside investors-sponsors in the launch of Phiture, the first 100% non-profit tech investment fund. This fund, the first of its kind in France, aims at investing in the best innovations and financing 50...Read