A recent litigation pending before the French Council of State led to a preliminary ruling by which the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled that Member States are allowed to enact restrictive measures relating to commercial practices and advertising of biocidal products, provided that those measures are justified by objectives of protection...Read
Renaud-Jean CHAUSSADE is head of the LYON office’s Public Law Department.
He has developed recognized expertise in :
- property law and public-sector contracts : public contracts, outsourced public services, partnership contracts, administrative and hospital emphyteutic leases, public property occupancy agreements
- regulatory, operational and individual planning law ; land use law (urban partnership agreements, mixed-use developments, subdivisions)
- environment and energy law : facilities listed for environmental protection, fossil, nuclear and renewable energies
- public, private and combined property development transactions : implementation of the project, land acquisition, choice of constructors, management of the works until delivery to the end client
- local authority law : property management (public ownership), staff management (civil service), institutional relations (restructuring, inter-communality), procurement (public sector contracts), organization of their activities (public services, police, etc.).
He works firstly for local authorities, groupings and hospitals, and secondly for private players in the property sector (investors, promoters, project owners, project managers, construction and civil engineering companies, etc.) and for industrial groups in energy matters.
Renaud-Jean CHAUSSADE has a DEA postgraduate qualification in Public Law, which he gained with summa cum laude or upper second-class honours from the University of AUVERGNE in early 2002. He also studied for an LL.M in International Public Law at the University of QUEBEC in MONTREAL, where he was a research assistant to Prof. Katia BOUSTANY, a specialist in International Nuclear Law.
He began his career in 2002 as an external associate within the Legal Department of the International Labour Office in GENEVA. After gaining professional accreditation, he practiced as an associate lawyer within the Public Law Department of the law firm YGMA in PARIS before joining the LYON office of DELSOL Avocats for the first time, where he stayed for four years. In 2010, he took responsibility for the Public Law Department of the law firm BISMUTH & Associés in LYON. He rejoined DELSOL Avocats as an of counsel in early December 2012.
He regularly publishes articles and has created several training programmes for bodies such as EFE (property transactions), LE MONITEUR (subcontracting), ENTPE (constructors’ liability, public dialogue) and the COLAS Group (managing works contracts).
- Pierre GOUGÉ, Renaud-Jean CHAUSSADE Julien MONSENEGO, Jocelyn LEQUESNE,
- Mergers & Acquisitions - Corporate law, Tax law, Public law
DELSOL Avocats assisted REALITES, a territorial development group listed on Euronext Growth, founded in 2003 by CEO Yoann CHOIN-JOUBERT, which operates in France and Africa (Morocco) and employs over 400 staff, on its partnership and investment in Red Star FC. This strategic partnership is part of the project to renovate and integrate the...Read
Renaud-Jean CHAUSSADE is attending the European Buyers Forum organized by Pacte PME in Lyon on 26 November 2019. He will take part in the round table dedicated to the following subject matter : « How to facilitate access to SMEs / VSEs to public procurement ? ». Information and registration...Read